Occupy Summer School #OWS
May 5, 2015
- It will last three weeks, taking place in a downtown Brooklyn high school.
- The first week we will bring in cool and inspiring organizers and activists who will hopefully connect with the kids
- The second week we will delve into topics and the kids will decide what they care about and, by the end of the week, what they will protest and how,
- The third week the students will plan the protest, including training on safe protesting techniques, they will stage it and write it up, and hopefully help the issue get media attention.
- So far we have ideas for the first week, including a few of our really interesting and thoughtful members going to facilitate conversations around what’s going on in Baltimore, and how to stage a creative protest, involving our very own Marni Halasa:
- We are starting to line up speakers for the second week, but we are waiting on a focus group to come back to us from the students to see what topics they get really excited about. We want them to more or less lead the way.
What an exciting project! I can’t wait for it to start.