Cathy O’Neil lives in New York City. She hopes to someday have a better answer to the question, “what can a non-academic mathematician do that makes the world a better place?”
If you want to talk to Cathy directly email her at cathy.oneil at gmail dot com.
Top Posts & Pages
- Why log returns?
- Fuck trigonometry
- K-Nearest Neighbors: dangerously simple
- Cool math books
- What's the difference between big data and business analytics?
- Why Larry Summers lost the presidency of Harvard
- Notes on the Oxford IUT workshop by Brian Conrad
- Reform the CFAA
- I love math and I hate the Fields Medal
- RT @ClaraJeffery: 5/ NYT now has 13 opinion columnists. 12 white. 11 male. 3 identify as conservative; more as liberal. But they prioritizeâ€¦ 1 hour ago
- RT @amolrajanBBC: A deaf baby hears for the first time. Thousands of hours of patient experimentation went into this. Science is glory httpâ€¦ 1 hour ago
- RT @ReallyGoodReads: .@RanaForoohar is always right. She knows economics better than all of the louder, smug guys misstating Reagan era. htâ€¦ 2 hours ago
- @ulysseshillard Yeah that doesn't surprise me. 2 hours ago
- @ulysseshillard Are you referring to Slate Money? 2 hours ago
- United Airlines Exposes Our Twisted Idea of Dignity
- Does Capitalism shrink inequality?
- President Bannon and Big Data Juries #Resist
- March for Science Knitwear #Resist
- Guest post: Make Your Browsing Noiszy
- TomTown Ramblers playing this Sunday!
- How to Manage Our Algorithmic Overlords
- Guest Post: In Praise of Globes