Home > Uncategorized > Haiti

Haiti

I will not repeat what the president said yesterday about Haiti, because it is too mean spirited to perpetuate. I will say that in my travels in Haiti I met people wealthier in spirit than our poor president.

IMG-5148

Photograph by Becky Jaffe

Categories: Uncategorized
  1. LM
    January 12, 2018 at 9:46 am

Amazing people, some of the best I have met!

2. Josh
    January 12, 2018 at 9:51 am

Beautiful sentiment and the picture puts a smile on my face, too.

3. AronM
    January 12, 2018 at 5:41 pm

Well said! It always amazes me that the republicans cloak themselves as being “Christians” yet often demonstrate such little compassion, empathy or charity.

• January 12, 2018 at 7:10 pm

Trump doesn’t speak for all Republicans. Many of us find him embarrassing and pathetic.

4. Auros
    January 13, 2018 at 6:50 pm

You see this?

5. Neal Koss
    January 13, 2018 at 7:33 pm

I so agree with you, Cathy. I lived and worked (as a surgeon) in Haiti many years ago (1971) and found the people to be wonderful. Consider that this country went from being the richest colony of France, the first black republic in the world to one dictatorship after another. And the earthquake was just devastating. I don’t know how they are going to recover when any aid to the country goes directly into the government pockets. The corruption is horrible. But every Haitian I know who has emigrated to the USA, has become a hard worker, no matter what his job may be. DT just doesn’t get it.

6. jim
    January 14, 2018 at 8:07 pm

Trump is probably in a better position than most to help Haiti. To help poor people everywhere come to that. It’s not an effort he’s likely to make.