Reviews for Weapons of Math Destruction
- Weapons of Math Destruction: invisible, ubiquitous algorithms are ruining millions of lives by Cory Doctorow from his blog Boingboing.net
- Weapons of Math Destruction by Peter Woit from his blog, Not Even Wrong
- Big Data Isn’t Just Watching You—It’s Making You Poorer by Pankaj Mehta on the site In These Times
- Review: Weapons of Math Destruction by Evelyn Lamb in Scientific American
- Math is racist: How data is driving inequality by Aimee Rawlins on CNN Money. Note: I would not have chosen this title, since I’m not claiming math is racist, but rather that some potentially discriminatory practices are being shielded by mathematics. I should note that journalists don’t always choose their own titles, and I think Aimee did a good job with the content of the article
- On Cathy O’Neil’s Weapons of Math Destruction by Chris Hoofnagle, on his blog at the UC Berkeley Law School
- Math Is Biased Against Women and the Poor, According to a Former Math Professor by Priya Rao on NYMag’s The Cut
There may be more I’m missing, please send me links! The coverage has been fantastic, and I’m super excited for the coming weeks and months as we finally get to discuss these issues.
Also, I’d like to urge you all to review my book on Amazon when you get a chance. The book is controversial and a few negative reviews can drag down the average pretty quickly. Having said that, please be completely honest of course!
Here’s my favorite graphic, from CNN: