Stuff I’m reading this morning
May 23, 2016
- Astra Taylor looks at the political side of universities as hedge funds and private equity shops.
- This Atlantic piece outlines a WMD that I didn’t know about related to DNA testing. Opaque, widespread algorithms that put the wrong people in jail.
- If you have some extra cash, consider giving to Fair Foods in Boston so they can replace their ancient truck, Old Betty.
- Does this surprise anybody? Pharma “charity” is profitable.
- How much more public manipulation will Facebook get away with before they give some transparency to their algorithm? The answer is: a lot.
- Nice to see trash science debunked. No, breakfast isn’t magical – eat it if you’re hungry, skip it if not.