February 17, 2013 Cathy O'Neil, mathbabe
Today’s post goes out to all the phenomenal women I am lucky to know and to love. It’s a gorgeous song based on this poem by Maya Angelou (h/t Becky Jaffe).
Top Posts & Pages
- Cool math books
- K-Nearest Neighbors: dangerously simple
- Why log returns?
- Fuck trigonometry
- Math contests kind of suck
- Notes on the Oxford IUT workshop by Brian Conrad
- What's the difference between big data and business analytics?
- The basics of quantitative modeling
- I love math and I hate the Fields Medal
- Rich Silicon Valley people have only 2 things to worry about: death and traffic. Why don't we focus on actual pro… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 16 hours ago
- RT @databreak: Pangaea with current international borders brilliantmaps.com/pangaea/ via @BrilliantMaps https://t.co/RQvh3hvVqP 17 hours ago
- RT @familyunequal: Chance of getting interview for daycare job, resume audit study: BA in early child ed: +12% Black name: -8% #PAA2017 htt… 17 hours ago
- @Zn 1. Dance party right before you go onstage. 2. Keep it ridiculous. 17 hours ago
- RT @ClaraJeffery: 5/ NYT now has 13 opinion columnists. 12 white. 11 male. 3 identify as conservative; more as liberal. But they prioritize… 19 hours ago
- United Airlines Exposes Our Twisted Idea of Dignity
- Does Capitalism shrink inequality?
- President Bannon and Big Data Juries #Resist
- March for Science Knitwear #Resist
- Guest post: Make Your Browsing Noiszy
- TomTown Ramblers playing this Sunday!
- How to Manage Our Algorithmic Overlords
- Guest Post: In Praise of Globes