February 17, 2013 Cathy O'Neil, mathbabe
Today’s post goes out to all the phenomenal women I am lucky to know and to love. It’s a gorgeous song based on this poem by Maya Angelou (h/t Becky Jaffe).
Top Posts & Pages
- RT @datasociety: Watch Cathy O'Neil (@mathbabedotorg) discuss her book Weapons of Math Destruction with @datasociety today at 4 pm: https:/… 11 hours ago
- HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE washingtonpost.com/graphics/busin… 11 hours ago
- RT @victortanchen: My @TheAtlantic piece on @mathbabedotorg's superb book: What does it mean to live in a culture that defers to data? http… 11 hours ago
- Advertising is so fucked. This is the screenshot of the article I was reading about sexual abuse of teenaged girls. https://t.co/dlkKJ90IpQ 15 hours ago
- RT @brycecovert: There are >100,000 homeless students in NYC schools, more than all students in Boston and Seattle combined https://t.co/4r… 15 hours ago
- What you tweet could cost you
- At the Wisconsin Book Festival!
- Facebook’s Child Workforce
- Guest post: An IT insider’s mistake
- New America event next Monday
- Three upcoming NY events, starting tonight at Thoughtworks
- Facial Recognition is getting really accurate, and we have not prepared
- A Plethora Of Podcasts