Apologies to Adam Smith
January 21, 2012 Cathy O'Neil, mathbabe
Not a lot of time to write this morning what with the sledding schedule, but I thought you might like this:
Go here for reviews and book tour information.
Top Posts & Pages
- RT @JanetLorin: Crackdown on For-Profit Colleges May Free Students and Trap Taxpayers nytimes.com/2016/08/29/bus… 1 hour ago
- This will not end well. bloomberg.com/news/articles/… 2 hours ago
- Seems to me a basic fraud detection algorithm could have detected this - and probably still can in other places. theguardian.com/us-news/2016/a… 2 hours ago
- @lopezlinette @mdominguez911 I wish we could be on together! 1 day ago
- Interesting interview about foundations' influence on education policy in the Obama era. washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sh… 1 day ago
- Book Tour Events!
- Chicago’s “Heat List” predicts arrests, doesn’t protect people or deter crime
- What is alpha?
- The truth about clean swimming pools
- Donald Trump is like a biased machine learning algorithm
- Holy crap – an actual book!
- Who Counts as a Futurist? Whose Future Counts?
- The Absurd Moral Authority of Futurism