Home > musing > Mathbabe t-shirts for sale!

Mathbabe t-shirts for sale!

February 20, 2013

Hey I’ve just gotten my first shipment of mathbabe t-shirts and I love them so much I’ve made them available to anyone to order from Zazzle.

Here’s me wearing my t-shirt (my new logo is courtesy of my buddy Julie Steele):

mathbabe_tshirt_front

And here’s the back:

mathbabe_tshirt_back

But if that’s too strident for you, don’t despair! There’s an alternative back:

mathbabe_tshirt_back_alt

I know it’s a pretty good design because my fashion-focused 10-year-old wants one.

Here’s what you do if you want your very own mathbabe t-shirt:

1. You will have to go to zazzle.com and start an account if you don’t already have one. I’m sorry about this but the alternative was to buy them all for you and then send them all to you separately, which I don’t have time for.
  2. Then go to this page on zazzle.com to buy the first version, or
  3. to this page on zazzle.com to get the more subdued second version.
  4. I’m also selling a mathbabe coffee mug.
  5. I’m also open to other products, tell me what you think.
Categories: musing
  1. February 20, 2013 at 8:51 am

Love it! YOU ROCK!!

2. magsgiust
    February 20, 2013 at 9:02 am

Love it! T-Shirt ordered! I will wear it proudly :)

-Maggie

3. Dg
    February 20, 2013 at 10:01 am

Must have. Will order.

4. mathematrucker
    February 20, 2013 at 12:24 pm

My friend’s CPA firm mug just got bumped…the coffee that goes with my daily Mathbabe fix will soon be sipped from a Mathbabe mug!

5. chrisadams27
    February 20, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Wait, what happened to the infinity symbol with 2 dots? That was genius. Maybe a collectors item for special fans?

I have a data association problem I’d like your advise on…

I’m looking for a data mining approach that could be used to help associate data based on weighted metadata of particular data elements with the added feature that one could ‘pivot’ on an element to observe additional associations. I’m mixing methods and function here, so let me try to paint what I am after with an example.

Let’s say a loan officer plugs in 15 data elements to a form for a mortgage company. I could imagine that if the bank program used a hybrid data classification technique (AI back propagation on historical data showing parameters and output of poor loan performance) new data could be evaluated as pass or fail. But I’d also like to be able to examine what value contributed most to the result and pivot on it (select it) to look at of its associations…perhaps there is a relationship with other data elements that tell us something. Maybe if it was the person’s poor credit score that was very low contributing to the result, I could find out that everyone in the system with that same credit score also happened to have the middle name ‘Larry’. Okay, bad example, but hope you see what I am after. Point is I’m looking for a way to mark data with certain weights as bad or good, then be able to pivot on that element to churn new information about that particular element. I’m mixing concepts here so hope I’m not too confusing to help. Maybe just point me to techniques you know of that do any of the things I’m describing and I’ll do some more homework.

Hope you are well and happy… I’m sore as a m@#$%f@#$%^ – from skiing all weekend. Bailed on snowboarding due to so much ice.

c

6. February 20, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Amazing! I don’t wear t-shirts, but I’d wear that!

7. February 20, 2013 at 7:27 pm

You’re just cartoiding life aren’t you.