February 17, 2013 Cathy O'Neil, mathbabe
Today’s post goes out to all the phenomenal women I am lucky to know and to love. It’s a gorgeous song based on this poem by Maya Angelou (h/t Becky Jaffe).
Occupy Finance now available online!
Go here to download your copy!
Top Posts & Pages
- Advice for anxious sleepers
- The Head First book series
- The problem with charter schools
- Two great articles about standardized tests
- K-Nearest Neighbors: dangerously simple
- Why log returns?
- How to think like a microeconomist
- The app effect
- Interview with a middle school math teacher on the Common Core
- RT @aglorios: Semi-attached description: the marketing play on big data figures that has almost nothing to do with the data itself. - @math… 9 hours ago
- RT @aglorios: "Before I make a histogram, I first try and think of what it should look like." @mathbabedotorg on exploratory data analysis … 9 hours ago
- Advice for anxious sleepers wp.me/p1CO0X-2iZ 15 hours ago
- RT @EpicureanDeal: Repeat after me: the standard investment banker type is *not* a true entrepreneur. They are much more averse to personal… 1 day ago
- Governor Cuomo Should Debate Primary Challenger Zephyr Teachout thenation.com/blog/180806/go… 1 day ago