February 17, 2013 Cathy O'Neil, mathbabe
Today’s post goes out to all the phenomenal women I am lucky to know and to love. It’s a gorgeous song based on this poem by Maya Angelou (h/t Becky Jaffe).
Occupy Finance now available online!
Go here to download your copy!
Top Posts & Pages
- Links about big bad data
- Tipping, power, and the gig economy
- Cool math books
- Why log returns?
- Comparative advantage in international trade and in married life
- K-Nearest Neighbors: dangerously simple
- Guest Post: What Is Happening With Tenure In Madison?
- The Chef Shortage, Explained
- Measuring historical volatility
- RT @zeynep: Next time someone says but why do you write about its algorithm which shapes what 1 billion sees per day. --> https://t.co/BiCE… 10 hours ago
- This is so true. Obama and the DoJ should be ashamed. nytimes.com/2015/08/18/opi… 13 hours ago
- Tipping, power, and the gig economy wp.me/p1CO0X-2AK 19 hours ago
- Links about big bad data wp.me/p1CO0X-2AI 1 day ago
- RT @DataKind: We can't wait! Great group of speakers - @bobfilbin @mathbabedotorg @vdubovskiy @zephoria Kamalesh Rao #stratahadoop https://… 3 days ago