May 24, 2012 Cathy O'Neil, mathbabe
My 9-year-old’s favorite bands (and favorite songs):
- Queen (Bohemian Rhapsody)
- AC/DC (Back in Black)
- ABBA (Fernando)
- Green Day (American Idiot)
- Weird Al Yankovic (Canadian Idiot)
Occupy Finance now available online!
Go here to download your copy!
Top Posts & Pages
- Advice for anxious sleepers
- The Head First book series
- The problem with charter schools
- Two great articles about standardized tests
- K-Nearest Neighbors: dangerously simple
- Why log returns?
- How to think like a microeconomist
- The app effect
- Interview with a middle school math teacher on the Common Core
- RT @aglorios: Semi-attached description: the marketing play on big data figures that has almost nothing to do with the data itself. - @math… 15 hours ago
- RT @aglorios: "Before I make a histogram, I first try and think of what it should look like." @mathbabedotorg on exploratory data analysis … 15 hours ago
- Advice for anxious sleepers wp.me/p1CO0X-2iZ 21 hours ago
- RT @EpicureanDeal: Repeat after me: the standard investment banker type is *not* a true entrepreneur. They are much more averse to personal… 1 day ago
- Governor Cuomo Should Debate Primary Challenger Zephyr Teachout thenation.com/blog/180806/go… 2 days ago