_Love_ you people
I’d like to make a shout-out today to a bunch of people.
First, my readers, who are gorgeous, sexy, and brilliant people. Thanks for reading.
Second, my commenters, who are thoughtful, gorgeous, sexy, and brilliant people, especially when they back me the fuck up. Go, you people! I’m nearly at a 3-to-1 comment-to-post ratio, which makes me feel pretty awesome. I’ve learned a whole bunch and met some pretty amazing people recently through their comments. I’ve actually been please to discover that I really enjoy being disagreed with and argued with- it makes it so much faster to learn. So keep the (constructive) criticisms coming!
Next, I’d like to throw out a bunch of links to blogs which I really like. Actually I recently created a blog roll so there’s that. But in particular I’d like you to check out some of my favorites:
- My good friend Jordan Ellenberg has a wonderful blog entitled “Quomodocumque“, whatever that means (oh wait! it means “whatever” in Latin; I wonder if that is meant sarcastically), in which he muses about math (Rubik’s cubes included!) and… whatever.
- Just in case you’ve somehow missed the whole String Theory Debate, please inform yourself at Peter Woit’s blog called “Not Even Wrong”. When I taught at the Columbia math department, as a Barnard math professor, I used to eat lunch with Peter every day at the Mill Korean on Broadway and 112th. What was adorable about Peter is that every frigging day, and I mean every day, he’d read the menu, look a bit confused, and then order beef fried rice. And then he’d give me his Chiclets at the end of the meal. I’m not sure why this story would recommend his blog to you but it certainly endears him to me. His blog rocks btw.
- Andrew Gelman’s blog titled Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science has a pretty awesome post today about economists (who doesn’t love hating on economists?!).
- I just found this blog, Quantivity, which contains impressively informed finance stuff, and is more technical than what I’m going for.
- Check out a new game theory blog, called Nuclear Chicken Collusion, which comes up with very readable, fun versions of fancy ideas. Their most recent post talks about the probability of there being a god and what it means for you.